Tuesday, February 5, 2008

On the Arizona Trail!

















































A few weeks ago Keith (my brother) was in town. We took the chance to carry out one of my Dad final wishes. He wanted his ashes on a specific spot on the Arizona trail. (aztrail.org) He was a trail steward for a segment of the trail near Sunflower Arizona. It is just an hour or so north of the valley heading towards Payson. Denny ans Marie worked this portion of the trial for years with my Dad and when he knew he didn't have long he called Denny with the directions of where to go , Denny knew the stop well. It was about a quarter of a mile in, I think Dad helped mom, it was uphill and with a few rest stops she did awesome! Max also did so much better than I thought! Uncle Keith got him through the thick brush and then he marched on the trail. I am sure Dad was smiling done on him.

No comments: