Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nothing like snow in the desert!

The kids had a half day on Wednesday and a friend said to me at school "Did you see the snow on 4 peaks?" Now 4 peaks doesn't get snow often but when you are in the desert and you can see snow off in the distance it is a thing of beauty! So we drove off to see how long it would take up to reach snow on the side of the road...we found it here, just past sunflower where my Dad worked on the Arizona Trail. Every new mountain that came into view had more snow than the last.



Max was amazed by the "icebergs" that were breaking off the melting snow...










2 comments:

Becky W. said...

Great photos. I LOVE watching my kids play in the snow because it is such a novelty to them. We may just have to head that way ourselves this weekend.

Chad and Gena said...

These photos make me laugh (in a good way) only in AZ would you see people walking around in snow in t-shirts and shorts :-).