Friday, May 23, 2008

Trophys




Can you name the 32 major bones in your body?

How about all the 12 major muscle groups?

Can you name 18 heart facts?

How about 18 digestion facts?

If you can your are probably a 3rd grader at Pima elementary school and you have big ass (yes I said it) trophy to prove it!

Abby was never as proud as the day she came home it the trophy proclaiming her a "human anatomy expert!"

The physical education teacher at the school are amazing, part of PE class is that you learn all the above and some while you are exercising your body, your mind gets a work out too! The teachers start the year off asking for parents old trophy's, some are small some are HUGE I do mean huge! When the kids can recite the "facts" they get to take one home!
As we sit on the bench in the afternoon slowing watching the kids flood the hallways we see them, they are typically held high in the air or are so big you have no choice but to see them. Other kids gather around and check out the hardware. The other moms and I look at the huge ones and go thank god that is not my kid! I doesn't take long before one of us is opening our trunk to put one in! The kids are so proud! You don't want to discourage them but you are also not so keen on a huge trophy! I mean how do you decorate around it??
I did find out to get a thropy of 5 feet or higher you do have to have your parents sign a release! I guess there has been a few less than excited parents! LOL