Thursday, July 17, 2008

The cirlce of life!

There is a great circle of life when it comes to kids clothes... or maybe is karma a good case of what goes around comes around...

Take a look at these beauties...


They were part of the last bag or two of clothes that I got from Patty...see those plaid shirts right in the middle those were Tim's. That bag even had the shirt he wore for his first pictures at preschool. You see Patty's son Trevor is just a little younger than Abby and he is the benefactor of anything Tim has out grown since...well preschool. This was before JT and Max were ever even born, who knew that these clothes would live on the way they have! The stories they could tell! So there they go from Tim to Trevor to his little brother JT and back to Max... it is like a trip down memory lane when I get a bag from her.
There is always a mix of newer items things her boys got along the way and my favorite things are the things that were Tim's..
Some have even made a new life as decor in Max's room. His room has a surf "beachy" theme and so I hung some of the Hawaiian shirts from a shelf above his bed and even dressed some teddy bears in them!

Then there is this great pile! You see Abby is near the top of the food chain we don't really know anyone who is bigger than her Kaitlyn, Patty's daughter was the closest but Abby has pretty much bridged any gap there was there. Abby's clothes have their own path, Bridget is the primary benefactor of Abby's clothes, some go to Holly a few here and there, they get around!
Recently my good friend Christine had her niece unexpectedly come to stay with her. She needed clothes! Well I knew just what to do, since I had already given her the last load of Abby's stuff and her niece is a tiny little thing, I sent out an e-mail to my wonderful friends who have been dropping clothes off to my house ever since! That is where this pile is from. See all the pretty pinks and purples.
Christine is thankful for the clothes and Gina, Patty and Kate are happy to have helped out and have cleaner closets in their girls room so it is what we like to call a WIN WIN!
p.s. I had the pleasure of helping Christine out at Bridget's birthday party tonight and I brought her the additonal bags and when I got home there were even more bags! Tami got the message and a wonderful backpack and shoes and more clothes were there! I am truly blessed by my friends! You all are amazing!

No comments: