Tuesday, June 17, 2008


I saw my Dad tonight...I see him about once a month he pops in to say hi...

Before you say Amy you are crazy your dad is gone, if you knew him you know he isn't. He lives on in all of us but also the full moon....

You see my Dad got me roped into joining him one night with a bunch of guys he worked with to go canoeing down the Salt River at night on a full moon. It was the most peaceful serene time I ever spent with my Dad. Several of the other people with us were in Kayaks, we decided that that looked like more fun. With in a few weeks Dad had found two and off we were on our river adventures. I can't tell you how many times we did it, more than a few but less then 10...I got to spend real time with Dad, the drive out there as the sun was setting, The trip down the river that was more amazing than I can ever explain. We would put in around dusk and there was a nest of bald eagles one year near the top of the river. The first time I went there was a group of wild horses coming to the water for a drink. You could only see their outline, as we got close but I could tell they were beautiful! There would be places between the cliffs where it would be completely dark and you would turn a corner and the moon was so bright it was like someone light a spotlight to lead the way.
This is how I like to think if my Dad as the spotlight leading the way, when things seem there darkest the full moon always comes back around.
So the next time you see a full moon think if my Dad, and know that even when you are going through hard times like the full moon the good comes back again, if we just take the time to notice it....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing, Susie H

Finding Normal said...

Taht is so beautiful!