Sunday, June 29, 2008

Painted the kitchen...again....




So last year when we moved in I painted the kitchen wall when I say wall I mean the one my calendars are on. It was a beautiful mid night blue, I loved the color but as we closed in our patio we quickly discovered it was really dark in there. So finally this weekend I got the paint out, it is the same blue as in the the window wall in our family room and the top of the walls in the dining room, I worried that it would be too much of the color, but I am really pleased with the way it turned out. What do you think?
Oh and a quick comment on my calendar system because for three white boards they sure are always a topic of conversation with anyone that see them for the first time.
No there is not one for each kid, they are for 3 months, I rotate them as the new month comes up. They have been the best way to keep up with who goes where and when for all to see. It is my "command center" The clips below are are some thing my Dad and I made we saw something like it in Pottery Barn, in an old apartment I had 3 of them done the end wall of my galley kitchen and I put all the kids art work and flyers for school on it, it was a fun was to display their work. Now I use this one for the million things I need to sign and send back to school.....
How do you keep your family organized?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yugs, daw nabasahan ko naman ni sa iban nga blog?

The Nester said...

NIce nice job--and love the ceiling!

The blue is a great color and is so much better than TR for that room because TR would have competed with the cabs!

YOu are so organized!