Monday, August 4, 2008

Cleaning and de cluttering! Day 1

Tim and Abby are gone for the week with their dad to Cali on a vacay! School starts next Monday so I thought I would take this time to organize their rooms and get them started on the right foot.

So Abby's room was first! They did clean before they went on vacation but I knew there where things hiding!

Here is her closet before! I know a problem a lot of moms have is there sentimental value they have on some things that the kids may not even have. You will note there is a baby doll stroller in the bottom of her closet. Yes it should have been gone years ago but my Dad had retro fitted the handles you see even when she was 4 and 5 what would be the right age she was too tall to push such a stroller. Now that he is gone it is just one of those weird things I can't bring myself to get rid of..



This is the pile of "stuff" outside her room. I found enough school and art supplies for a whole classroom! Just checked a bunch of things off my list! One box for good will 2 bags of trash, mostly paper she keeps such odd papers!





Here is the after! She doesn't have a dresser she uses the drawers in the closet. It does work out great. You can see a little of the wardrobe on the left hand side that is where her stuffed animals live. Max was in there with me, we took in some Blues Clues while we worked! I wish I took a picture I found my 3 pound weights in her closet and I put them on the bed, when he found them he said " Me Strong: and lifted it above his head"


This is her desk area that I built for her the Spring. All the art supplies are in the little boxes on the shelves.


Tomorrow I plan on tackling Tim's room/ He has awesome built ins my Dad made, and he is a clutter bug! So that one will be a big transformation!

No comments: