Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Planning for the Holidays...

Well it is about the time of year I start thinking about the holidays! I was in a little panic going into it all this year and I typically buy my cards at the after Christmas sales and I had none, well not "none" I always have a few around but none that sang to me..."pick me pick me!" I was out shopping two weeks ago picking out some new duds for the kids for back to school and wandered into Hallmark and low and behold all the cards they had were ONE DOLLAR a box. I gathered up 4 boxes and rushed to the check out! I have started my fall ritual a little early this year and started to address them, I typically do this in September but it is one of those things I love to do while watching TV dreaming the house is decorated and more importantly it is COLD outside! I like to look in the address book and see all the names of the people I love who I never get to see as much as I would like. Then typically in October we snap a family picture. Last year it took me two days and three Zanex to get one picture of the three looking in the same direction. My dear (read lifesaver) of a friend Marin said she would love to try to take a picture of my 3 monkeys and she will probably not require the same amount of drugs to do it. I am sure they will be angels for her!
I think about this now because I like my card to the first one you get! Not because it is a contest or anything like that, I like to know that they are done and I don't have think about them. In town I mail the day before Thanksgiving so that you get them Friday out of town it is the Monday before thanksgiving to get there just in time! That is the plan again this year, as long as we can get a picture of the kids that is.....


now here is the part where you all elave crazy comments about how crazy I am...and that's okay I am at one with my "craziness"

No comments: